Love or Loss

Rose Suxo, Staff Writer

Dating in high school is always a blast, but so is being single. Being young, capable, and at your prime is the perfect time to go out on fun dates with people or to go out to find yourself and figure out who you are. 

Thunder Ridge Freshman, Kate Clayton happens to be an amazing single gal, and she seems to just be looking to find herself while she is still young. “The idea of a relationship is nice and all, but I just don’t have time for one. It’s nice to not have to worry about making someone else happy. Plus being lonely isn’t so bad; I just sit and watch ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’.”

Clayton is the definition of a single person that everybody can relate to in one way or another. Her honesty is impeccable and hilarious. 

Another student at Thunder Ridge, who happens to be in a beautiful relationship, was interviewed but has asked to stay anonymous. Their take on relationships is an amazing and very heartfelt one. “My life is different now than from when I was single because it’s just better. They have changed me in the most positive ways, and I love them dearly. It has definitely helped with my mental health as well, just everything about dating is absolutely amazing.” The innocence, the love, the purity of it all is just so fantastic! 

Two completely different views, but one overall message, just have fun! Whether that includes dating or not. It’s up to you if it’s Love or Loss. Do what is right for you.

Editors Note: If you are in a relationship that you feel has something wrong, please go see a counselor down in the office. Don’t ignore your intuition or those warning signs.