Advice From The Seniors of 2022

Abbie Nelson

As this school year comes to a close, so does the Class of 2022’s time in high school. In correlation to this, here is their advice to underclassmen.

The most common answer you will see from any senior is the same thing Thunder Ridge High School Senior Issac Egbert said: “Don’t take school too seriously.” This doesn’t mean don’t care about your grades or performance, just don’t let it consume you. Still find time to have fun.

Another extremely common piece of advice is don’t procrastinate. Almost every senior interviewed said “Don’t procrastinate. Especially your senior project; it just makes your life more stressful. The work is the same no matter when you do it so just get it done.”

Thunder Ridge Senior Marisol Garcia had a very insightful piece of advice for younger students. She said “High school isn’t like the movies. Don’t expect it to be. Stay true to you and don’t get involved in the wrong things. It flies by faster than you think.” 

Garcia is right; if you ask any senior this time of year they will tell you time flew by. In a blink of an eye, you go from being a scared freshman to a senior walking across the stage. So don’t waste time on the wrong things or people. Stay true to yourself and what is important to you.

Also, make sure as an underclassman you don’t miss out on incredible opportunities for your future. As Thunder Ridge High School graduate Kaja Korenke said, “Take as many DC classes as you can.” Taking dual credit classes is a great opportunity as it gives you a head start on college and is a huge money saver; however, make sure not to overload yourself.

So congratulations to the class of 2022, and hopefully their advice will help you best succeed in the rest of your time at Thunder Ridge.