Homework Hurts Students

Kate Clayton, Staff Writer

Why is homework such a frustration for Thunder Ridge students? Homework can be very time-consuming. Some students have after-school sports and don’t have enough time to finish it. 

Thunder Ridge Sophomore, Ryder Clayton says, “Now that football is over, I do have more time to get things done but as soon as basketball starts, I’ll be back to the same strict schedule.” Even though there are students with strict schedules and students not having much time, there are also students with a good amount of free time.

“When I get home from school, I usually start on my homework. It’ll usually take an hour and a half but it’s nice to just get it out of the way and be done for the night” says Audra Kadin, Thunder Ridge Freshman.

Tayah Larson, an eighth-grader from  BCMS says, “I’m on two cheer teams so I’m at practice from 5:30 to 9 plus the 30-minute drive there and back. It’s a total of 4 and a half hours I spend each Monday and Wednesday instead of doing homework. The only days I really get to work on homework is Tuesdays, because I have family things and other sports other days. It is so hard to keep up, so if we get less classwork, we’ll actually be able to finish it before class is over and we won’t have homework and be behind in every class.” 

At the end of the day, most students simply don’t have enough time on their hands to be working on homework 24/7. It’s time for the teachers to get more into the lectures and give us work we can finish in the time given.