Coachella 2K19

Jaidyn Orchard, Staff Writer

April 12 – 14 and April 19 – 22, 2019 was the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. The Empire Polo Club in Indio, California was crowded with celebrities, influencers, and other people for the festival. Thousands of people spent at least $999 on tickets to Coachella to see their favorite artists perform. This year, artists such as Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Kanye West, Kalid, and King Princess (and lots more) performed at the festival.

“It has always been a dream of mine to go to the Coachella Festival,” said Hannah Orchard, a 21 year old college student at Idaho State University. She continued, saying, “It would take a lot to get me to spend $999 on tickets though, plus money for a hotel and an airplane ticke/gas (if I drove, which would suck). It just doesn’t seem very realistic to me.”

Coachella is a pretty big deal to most people, and celebrities spend many months preparing their outfits. Influencers such as James Charles, Emma Chamberlain, and Liza Koshy said that they spent over three months preparing their outfits for the festival, and had to get them custom made.

During the interview, Orchard mentioned that if she were to go to Coachella, she would “definitely go all out”. She said, “Honestly, I only want to go to Coachella so that I can dress super cool. I would probably spend more money on my outfits than I would on the tickets, which is another reason why it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to go.”

At the end of the interview, Hannah said, “I think Coachella is really cool, and since so many celebrities go, I think it would be cool to go and see them and be able to see the hundreds of performers. However, the ‘adult’ in me just would not be able to spend that much money. Being able to attend the festival is definitely a dream of mine, but it’s probably not the most realistic thing in the world.”