Titans Take Down Knights In Style

Jayden Barfuss, Staff Writer

The Thunder Ridge Titans boys basketball  won a thriller in double overtime on January 8th against Hillcrest, winning with a final score of 80-75.

The Titans came out hot and outscored the Knights 13-8 in the first quarter. The leading scorer for the Titans, Senior Jayden Kunz with 4 points.

In the second quarter Hillcrest outscored the Titans 13-8, but the Titans went into the half leading 21-20. The Titans returned in the 3rd quarter on fire, and outscored the Knights 18-13,  increasing the lead to 5 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The fourth quarter the Knights tried a comeback  and outscored the Titans 26-20. With no time left Sophomore Lloyer Driggs hits a bank 3 point shot from the right corner to send it into overtime.

In the first overtime both teams scored 7 to make the game 66-66, but the Titans outscored the Knights  14-9 to win, with a final score of 80-75.

The Titan’s top scorers were Sophomore Lloyer Driggs with 18, including the game tying 3 pointer, Junior Kayden Toldson with 14 points, and Sophomore Tyler Godfrey with 18 points.

Hillcrest’s top scorer for the night was Senior  Bryce Cook with 18 PTS.

High school radio announcer, Brady Belliston, attributed the amazing Thunder Ridge performance to they defense and coach. Belliston believes Coach Toldson “has a calming effect for his team.”