Lady Titan Softball Sweep Tigers

Jayden Barfuss, Staff Writer

The Thunder Ridge titans softball team was looking for a couple of conference victories as the Titans went into the doubleheader with a record of 10-6 for their games vs IF. Titans swept the Tigers; in the first game they hammered the ball around winning 24-6, and in the second game the Titans won 14-5 to bring their conference record to 5-3.

Game 1 was a large showing of offense for the Titans, as in the first 2 innings the Titans scored 17 runs to the Tigers 3. As the power-hitting continued, the Titans had home runs from Senior Brynly Dabell and Junior Emily Jones. As the bats got hot, the Titan’s arms finished it off as Sophomore Kalian Scoresby pitched half the game and Senior Trysta Hoffman finished off the Tigers with a win of 24-6.

Game 2 was a slower start for the Titans as they were held scoreless in the 1st inning; they trailed the Tigers 1-0 after the first. In the second inning, the Titans cracked 5 to increase their lead to 5-1. Most of the damage for the Titans was in the top of the 7th inning where there were back to back to back homers by Dabell, Jones, and Junior Lana Weaver to push the Tigers to a breaking point. 

Scoresby pitched all of game 2; she had 5 strikeouts and helped the Titans sweep the Tigers in game 2 with a score of 14-5. 

In these games there was also history made as Senior 3rd baseman/pitcher Brynly Dabell broke the school record for the most home runs within one season with 9 home runs.

Catching up with Dabell after the game, she stated, “It’s really cool breaking the record. I never thought I would ever be able to do something like that in softball.”

As the Titans with those victories leapfrogged Rigby for second place, which sets up an interesting matchup when the Titans travel to Rigby for a  doubleheader on May 4.  As the season is coming to an end, make sure to go out and support your Lady Titans softball in their journey to state. 

Go Titans!