Thunder Ridge Baseball Vs Rigby

Emily Jones, Staff Writer

Thunder Ridge varsity baseball played Rigby on Wednesday, April 27th. The game also happened to be Senior Night for the 2022 season. The Titans secured the win and had a great turnout for senior night. The score of the game was back and forth every inning, but the Titans managed to score the winning run in the bottom of the 7th. 

Hudson Harker, a Sophomore at Thunder Ridge, pitched a phenomenal game. Harker had two key strikeouts in the top of the 7th inning. He put in lots of work and hours during the off-season, and it paid off. Harker had two critical strikeouts in the top of the 7th innings and helped the team get another out with a ground out to first base. “It felt incredible to get those two outs,” said Harker. 

In the bottom of the 7th Gavin Hixx was walked and Connor Hall stepped up to the plate looking for a big hit. Hixx managed to steal second before Hall hit a single that drove Hixx in, winning the game. Hall’s mentality at the plate was to get a base hit and drive in the winning run, and he succeeded. 

Coach Sunvold, head coach of the Thunder Ridge Varsity baseball team, is proud of his team’s performance. Sunvold loves senior night and is proud that his team battled not only with the other team, but also with the weather.

The legacy this team left this season is to battle every game no matter what the record is and to play the game they love. Thunder Ridge baseball had a great game and is going into districts with the mindset of winners, and everyone is excited to see how they will do.