Spider-Man: No Way Home Released

Abbie Nelson, Staff Writer

Marvel’s latest movie, Spider-Man: No Way Home has been a huge success since its release on December 17, 2021.

According to the film’s studio Sony, just 12 days after the movie’s release it crossed the milestone of $1 billion at the global box office. Only 2019’s “Avengers: Endgame” and “Avengers: Infinity War” reached that mark in less time, at 5 days and 11 days, respectively.

The film stars Tom Holland, Zendaya, and Benedict Cumberbatch. 

In the film, Peter is forced to ask Doctor Strange for help with Spider-Man’s identity now revealed. However, when a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.

Since its release Spider-Man: No Way Home has earned a 98% audience rating on rotten tomatoes with critics saying “A bigger, bolder Spider-Man sequel, No Way Home expands the franchise’s scope and stakes without losing sight of its humor and heart.”

Critics aren’t the only ones loving the new Spider-Man Movie. Out of the 5 Thunder Ridge Students interviewed for this story, 4 of them said they would recommend the movie to anyone. One Thunder Ridge Senior, Abel Aceveado, said “ it may just be the best Spider-Man yet. It even brought tears to some of his friends’ eyes.”

So go to the theater and enjoy!