What You Need To Know About the SATS

Abbie Nelson, Staff Writer

SAT day for all Juniors in the state of Idaho is fastly approaching on April 13, meaning it’s important for all students to know what to expect. so here’s a quick crash course.

The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil and paper test that is widely used for college admissions. All students in Bonneville School District 93 are issued this test as juniors at no cost.

This year the test will be held on April 13. Juniors are required to attend school on April 13 and every other high school grade has the day off.

Before the test, it is important to prep in order to get the best score possible. Thunder Ridge ACT Prep teacher Mrs. Olson says students can effectively prep using “ Khan Academy… offers diagnostic testing that will specify areas of strength and weakness. This is a good place to start for many students. Data from the PSAT is also beneficial for targeting areas that need additional work.” 

Olson also notes that when studying consistency is important. “Spend consistent time each day practicing the concepts. It can be as little as 10-15 minutes, but consistency is key especially if you do the bare minimum in class.”

When you arrive on test day you will be sorted into testing rooms by last name. You will need to bring a calculator, and 2 wooden, #2 pencils, as well as your ID.

Once there, just relax. The test will go in portions with small breaks in between. In all, it will take about four hours.