Halloween in Idaho

Kate Clayton, Staff Writer

Halloween this year was on a Sunday. Many Idaho residents decided to celebrate on Saturday instead, but there were few people who stayed true to the holiday and celebrated on Sunday. 

Diana Knighton, a freshman from Thunder Ridge High School, stayed in this Halloween. She said, “I couldn’t decide if I wanted to celebrate on Saturday or Sunday, so I just didn’t celebrate at all. There were a couple of parties but I didn’t want to go. I just stayed home and watched scary movies both nights.”

A fourth-grader, Ella Clayton went trick-or-treating with her friends. “I went- trick- or treating on Saturday for a couple of hours and on Sunday for a short amount of time. There weren’t many people out on Sunday.”

Violet Jacobsen, a sophomore from Idaho Falls High School said, “On Saturday, I hung out with some girls from my cheer team. We dressed up as Disney princesses and went to dinner, the haunted car wash, and then home to pass out candy and watch movies. Overall it was a fun night.” 

Everyone has a different view of Halloween, and that’s exactly why some celebrate Saturday and some on Sunday, or even both. Some have the idea that Halloween is trick-or-treating and scaring people, and others have the idea of sitting at home and watching movies all night. After all, whatever you end up doing on Halloween, it always ends up being a night to remember.