Thunder Football Ends Season on High Notes

Jayden Barfuss, Staff Writer

Thunder Ridge got their 3rd win of the season on Friday, October 22 vs Hillcrest by a score of 14-7. As the Titans got their 3rd win of the season when the Hillcrest Knights fell again to end their season on a 0-9 record.

The game was a defensive battle all game, but the Titans hit the end zone first with Senior Quarterback Tao Johnson connected with Senior Wide Receiver Zakary Hanson for a 54-yard passing connection. Junior Kicker Ryan Johnson would miss the extra point; however, to take the Titans to a lead of 6-0. 

In the second quarter, the Titans added to their lead with a 26-yard rushing touchdown by Junior Wide Receiver Porter Brizzee, followed by the Titans making the 2 point conversion,  to make the score 14-0, which would remain up to the 4th quarter.

During the 4th quarter, the Knights got on the board with a 2 yard rushing touchdown of their own and a good extra point, making the game 14-7.

As the Titans ensured a win for a lot of players who were experiencing their last step on a high school football field. 

Senior Running Back Jaden Sautter enjoyed his high school career and after the game felt “it was the craziest feeling knowing that I am completely done playing high school football”. 

Also, a Senior Quarterback Tao Johnson thought the feeling was “bitter sweet. I really created a great relationship with my coaches, and especially my teammates, but it is also the beginning of a new chapter.”

As the season came to a close so did many players’ high school careers. Enjoy it while you can; it goes by fast!