Must-See Christmas Break Movies

Abbie Nelson, Staff Writer

We all have our favorite Christmas Movie, right. So let’s the must-watch holiday movies for Christmas Break 2019.

1. The Santa Clause

This 1994 movie starring Tim Allen, is the story of a man who inadvertently makes Santa fall off of his roof on Christmas Eve, he then finds himself magically recruited to take his place.

1. A Christmas Carol

An animated retelling of Charles Dickens’ classic novel about a Victorian-era miser taken on a journey of self-redemption, courtesy of several mysterious Christmas apparitions.

1. A Christmas Story

This Classic Movie takes place in the 1940s when a young boy named Ralphie attempts to convince his parents, his teacher and Santa that a Red Ryder BB gun really is the perfect Christmas gift.

1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

This holiday favorite continues the National Lampoon’s movie series as the Griswold family’s plans for a big family Christmas predictably turn into a big disaster.

1. The Polar Express

This one of a kind movie takes place on Christmas Eve, as a young boy embarks on a magical adventure to the North Pole on the Polar Express, while learning about friendship, bravery, and the spirit of Christmas.

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This Movie remake is the story of a green, revenge-seeking Grinch (Jim Carrey) who lives On the outskirts of Whoville and plans to ruin Christmas for all of the citizens of the town

1. Elf

The new holiday favorite is about a human that discovers he is a man raised as an elf at the North Pole and decides to travel to New York City to locate his real father.

1. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

One year after Kevin McCallister was left home alone and had to defeat a pair of bumbling burglars, he accidentally finds himself stranded in New York City and the same criminals are not far behind.

3.The Nightmare Before Christmas

Jack Skellington, king of HalloweenTown, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home only causes confusion

1. It’s a Wonderful Life

This classic is about an angel who is sent from Heaven to help a desperately frustrated businessman by showing him what life would have been like if he had never existed.

1. Home Alone

The story of an eight-year-old troublemaker who must protect his house from a pair of burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during Christmas vacation makes our must-see number 1.

So what’s your favorite? Thunder Ridge Sophomore Bryn Kirkendoll said, “Elf because Buddy is an adult that gets to act like a kid.”

No matter if your favorite movie is on this list or not, have a great Christmas Break.

Picture credit goes to Amazon.com.