Aircraft Carrier Sent to Middle East After Indications Iran Planned Attack on US Forces

Abbie Nelson, Staff Writer

The United States deployed an aircraft carrier strike group and a bomber task force to the Middle East in response to “clear indications” Iran and Iranian proxies were planning an attack on U.S. forces in the region, U.S. officials said.

Late May 5, the White House made the announcement that the USS Abraham Lincoln and bomber task force were being deployed to unspecified troubling indications and warnings.

National Security Advisor John Bolton said the deployments were intended “to send a clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime that any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force.”

He went on to say”The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or regular Iranian forces,”.

We do not know exactly what these indications are yet but we do know Iranian and Iranian proxy forces were preparing for a possible attack against U.S. forces on land, including in Iraq and Syria, and at sea.

This does not mean there is going to be an attack or a full scale war started, as the Iranian regime has been warned  to cease all provocation and the US and allies will not start anything without reason and the deployment is just a precaution. Thunder Ridge Student Bryn Kirkendoll said “ I think this is a good precaution but it is still scary.” I think many of us feel this way but our military is keeping us safe.