Hershey’s New View

Logan Liddiard, Staff Writer

Hershey has been around since 1894. Ever since then, they have kept a very strict and classic look and taste to their chocolate. The Hershey line has seen very few additions to their line up throughout the history of their chocolate being on shelves.

Shockingly, Hershey has decided to recreate the look of their candy bar beginning this summer. The new candy bar design is including 25 different emojis imprinted on the chocolate and six different wrapper designs according to CNN.

2017 was the last year that Hershey made any additions to their name. They brought Hershey’s Gold to the game. But before that it was 1995 with the cookies and cream flavored bar. But before those two flavors, Hershey’s bought dark chocolate to shelves in 1939.

“It’s a fun and new look. Personally I like it and i’m not even a big fan of the emoji craze that everyone seems to be all about. I honestly kinda liked the older design better. The new look however has a nice splash of color and the new trendy design is cool.” Says a former student at Thunder Ridge named Shay Delrosso.

Their new design has been the first design change since 1900. The emojis were chosen by both kids and adults. They hope to make a fun conversation starters for others with their quirky fun design.

Sadly, this new look won’t be around forever. Starting at the beginning of this summer, They will send out only 25 million standard and snack sized bars.