April Fool’s Day

Kiah Pickering, Staff Writer

April Fool’s Day is the day for jokes and fun. People celebrate April Fool’s because it was supposed to be some serious holiday, but no one took it that way. They saw it as a joke. April Fool’s Day has grown from there.

Some historians speculate that April Fool’s Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar from the Gregorian calendar, as was called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. It has since become something that small to pranking people and causing serious pain just for the fun of it.

For April Fools Day, Nataya Pickering, Senior at Thunder Ridge High School, was pranked and also pranked someone herself. Pickering’s car was filled with one hundred balloons for April Fool’s Day, and she thought it was funny,

Infact, Pickering wanted to keep most of them. Her opinion on April Fool’s Day is , that the date is a good time.

Pickering loves the holiday. She can do pranks on family and friends without getting in trouble. Pickering gets a laugh out of it, but other times she is the one that got pranked.

Pickering thinks that even if she gets pranked, she still loves it, because that is the fun of it all. Sometimes the pranks can be too extreme but she will always laugh about it later.

April Fool’s Day allows students to have a little fun, without the fear of hurting a friend’s feelings.