ISU Professor Becomes First Woman in the Athletic Hall of Fame

Abbie Nelson, Staff Writer

Dr. Dani Moffit, a professor at Idaho State University, was inducted into the Northwest Athletic Trainers’ Association Hall of Fame in April for her neverending efforts in service to the Athletic Training profession, educational organization, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care.

The Northwest Athletic Trainers Association is the professional association for certified athletic trainers in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington, and Oregon. The Northwest Athletic Trainers Association Hall of Fame award is awarded to a member who has exhibited consistent and outstanding service to the organization over an extended period of time.

Moffit is the first woman in Idaho to be awarded such an honor and only the second woman ever to receive this award in the Northwest District.

Idaho Falls resident Jolee Nelson said “I think it is amazing that Moffit was awarded this honor. She is definitely deserving and it is so cool to see women like Moffit breaking barriers in male-dominated fields.”

In an interview with East Idaho News Moffit detailed “I feel undeserving of this recognition. There are many athletic trainers who, on a daily basis, put forth their best efforts to make a positive impact on their patients’, students’, and others’ lives in this district,”…” This feels normal, not exceptional. This year is my 30th year of working as an athletic trainer, the 50th anniversary of Title IX, and the 50th anniversary of the NWATA. I am elated to be the second female inducted into the NWATA Hall of Fame in a year of milestones. The women of this district are doing great things and I know I will not be the last.”

Dr. Moffit is the director of the Master of Science in Athletic Training at Idaho State University. 

Photo Credit: eastidahonews.com