Disney Plus Day

Disney Plus Day

Abby Christensen, Staff Writer

On Friday, November 12 Disney celebrated the 2 year anniversary of Disney Plus with Disney Plus Day at both Disneyland and Disney World. While the actual celebration took place at the Disney Parks, this day was less of a physical celebration and more time for Disney to announce all of the new movies, shows, and promotions coming to the streaming service for the rest of 2021 and 2022. 

On Disney Plus Day Disney released Shang Chi and the Legend of The Ten Rings, Home Sweet Home Alone, Olaf Presents, Walt Disney Studios Animation Shorts,  Ciao Alberto, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and The Jungle Cruise to the service and now they can all now be streamed. 

Disney went on to announce the following to be released next year:

Cheaper by The Dozen, Disenchanted, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules, Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers, The Beatle: Get Back, Better Nate Than Never, Hocus Pocus 2, Live-action Pinnochio, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Baymax, Zootopia Plus, Tiana, and Intertwined. Pixar has also announced Cars On The Road, two documentaries, and Win Or Lose. 

Marvel has also announced the following projects: 

Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, Echo, Ironheart, Agatha: House of Darkness, Secret Invasion, The Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special, X-Men ‘97, What If season 2, Spider-Man: Freshman year, I am Groot, and Marvel Zombies. These projects are all set to be released in either 2022 or 2023. 

In addition to these on the international level, they announced Rosaline, The Princess, Prey, and No Exit. These films are all set to be released in 2022.

Disney sure is set up for a fantastic 2022 of entertainment.

Photo Credit: commons.wikipedia.com