Aaron Rodgers Misleads Everyone About Vaccination Status

Jayden Barfuss, Staff Writer

On November 3rd, 2021 hall of fame quarterback Aaron Rodgers tested positive for Covid 19 and missed the game against the Kansas City Chiefs. If that was all then he would not be in the news; however, Aaron Rodgers misled everyone into believing he was immunized. 

In speaking to reporters in August during his before-the-season press conference, Rodgers was asked if he was vaccinated and according to factcheck.org, Rodgers said this Yeah, I’ve been immunized. There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision. I’m not going to judge those guys.” Even though Rodgers was never vaccinated, he led everyone to believe he was. 

Rodgers was in fact not vaccinated but took homeopathy protocol medicine and thought that he was immunized when he was not. 

On November 9th Rodgers went to the Pat McAfee show and took responsibility for his actions, but he still defended what he said, stating “Look, I shared an opinion that is polarizing, I get it, and I misled some people about my status, which I take full responsibility of, those comments. But in the end, I have to stay true to who I am and what I’m about, and I stand behind the things that I said.” 

Senior at Bonneville High School Jose Trejo believed that Rodgers not being vaccinated was his personal choice. “I think that it really comes down to a choice”. Trejo also acknowledged that Rodgers telling misleading facts to everyone  “was wrong because he could’ve put people at risk.”

Being vaccinated is a touchy subject, to begin with, but when you lie about it it is even worse. Especially as an athlete when you have kids looking up to you as a role model. So if you are unvaccinated, just say so or do not comment on it. You do not have to lie about it. 

Photo Credit: commons.wikipedia.com