Chaos at the TR and BCMS Intersection

Emily Jones, Staff Writer

Students at both Thunder Ridge High School and Black Canyon Middle School have to deal with the TRHS/BCMS intersection every day. There is always some kind of problem at the intersection. It may be kids running across the street, drivers cutting in front of busses or other cars, people blowing through stop signs, or drivers suddenly stopping to let students out in the middle of the road. Overall there is a problem with the use of this intersection, it’s a dangerous area for both students and drivers who use it. 

Parent and mother of 2 students who attend both TRHS and BCMS, Nancy Jones, gave her statement on her feelings about the intersection, “ It’s very chaotic and it scares me when kids run across the street. I have a daughter who drives and I know that any other parent who has a child who drives can get a little on edge and you put that with kids running across the street all the time, is very nerve-racking. I would hate for an accident to occur and for someone to get in a fatal accident, but there’s a very big chance that one will happen.”

This intersection is an accident waiting to happen, so drivers and pedestrians should be extra cautious when using it. Stop at the stop signs, look both ways before crossing the street, and be courteous to other pedestrians and drivers. Always know your surroundings and be careful.