Titans Homecoming Week 2021

Brooke Morgan and Mrs. Salyers

Homecoming week, also known as Spirit Week, was the best week for Thunder Ridge students. The week was filled with fun dress-up days and activities. 

The second floor became the Titan Theater and the halls were sectioned off so each grade could decorate in the theme of a movie. The Freshman created a complete basketball court in honor of Space Jam. Sophomores took us through the jellyfish field for Finding Nemo. The Junior class put us to work on the Scare Floor of Monsters Inc. And the Seniors created the fear that comes with being in Jurassic Park. Each experience was fun and creative. 

One of the new dress-up day themes was “Dress Like Your Parents”. So many kids pulled out the mom jeans, sandals with socks, trucker hats, and even a few suits walked the halls.

On Friday students showed their Titan pride by wearing school colors,  with each grade assigned a different color: Freshman white, Sophomore gray, Junior black, and Seniors blue. 

But Friday was the best day because it was a short day, with 20min. classes, a pep assembly, and being excused for lunch and to prepare for the parade. The parade started by Rimrock elementary this year, traveled through the parking lot of our new Black Canyon friends, and wound around to end at Cloverdale elementary. The floats ranged from all spring sports teams, band, dance, cheer, and even some teachers were in on the fun.

The week finished off with the traditional Friday night Homecoming football game and dance on Saturday.  

Everyone was so excited to have a homecoming week with the fun, traditional activities that have been missing due to pandemic scares the last year. One thing is for sure, Thunder Ridge STUCO made HoCo 2021 a great year!

Photo Credit: Mrs. Smith

Photo Subject: Mr. Dunnells and Senior Ethan Dunnells