What’s Your Favorite Holiday?

Hailey Sandoval, Staff Writer

Most would agree that 2020 has been one of the craziest years most of us ever experienced, but holidays are always a way to make a bad situation good. 

With Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s day, and  Easter all coming up, is there a favorite one you have?

Halloween is spooky; you get to dress up, eat candy, hang out with your friends; that sounds pretty nice to me. Thanksgiving you may spend it with family and get to eat so much food. And then after eating so much, you may become the stuffing.

Christmas, this one has to be my absolute favorite! There’s snow, lights, and trees that are decorated; houses are filled with joy, and presents are a big thing too. Everyone is joyful around Christmas, except the Grinch or Scrooge of course. But it isn’t just my favorite either. 

Tyler Sandoval, a junior at Thunder Ridge, says, “Christmas is my favorite holiday because of Santa.” Trysta Davis, a Thunder Ridge sophomore, says, “I enjoy Christmas because I get to spend time with my family. We have some fun traditions that we always do, and I love eating all the yummy treats we make. “ 

New Years is definitely a party holiday, so if you like parties, this one for you. You can spend a long night dancing, eating food, and living up the last night of 2020. 

Valentine’s Day is filled with love. You may see reds and pinks and heart-shaped things everywhere. You may get chocolate or maybe a teddy bear.

St. Patrick’s Day can also be a party holiday but don’t forget to wear green or you may get pinched!

East is another holiday where you may spend time with family and friends, hunt for Easter eggs, or maybe enjoy a religious moment.

However, some may celebrate another holiday during this festive time of year. If you have a different holiday that’s your favorite, what is it? What do you do? Who do you celebrate with?